Saturday 31 December 2011

In The Deep Mid Winter

This is the one night of the year I wish I did not live near Trafalgar Square, in a few hours the pavement below my window will look like the storming of The Bastille. Stella and I will watch the peasants  revellers below, happy that we can just hop into bed and snooze our way into the new year. I am not sure that I totally believe in the New Year  ( in terms of the Gregorian calendar ) as such. In my heart I follow the lunar cycle but its not particularly practical to rely on that for mundane appointments. Its a wonderful time to take stock of all the wonderful things that happened last year and make a list of all the wonderful things I would like to happen next year.

May all your dreams (and some of your more exciting nightmares) come true in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment