Friday 6 May 2011

Laduree & Puppies


Just got back from Laduree  in Harrods I had one caramel macaroon, one blackcurrant and chocolate (ltd edition flavour) one lemon and  one cherry and almond. To drink I had hot chocolate that comes in a little silver jug with a side bowl of chantilly cream. Basically a days calories in a tea cup.

There is a new branch of Laduree opening opposite the Apple store in Covent Garden soon.  I can't wait. I don't eat at Laduree as often as I would like for many reasons including the expense and fitting into my own clothes but I am so happy that I will have a branch on my door step. It the nutrition version of 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'. We went up to the 4th floor to see the puppies in Pet Kingdom. They had mini sausage dogs and chihuahua's but boringly they were all asleep. One of my favourite things to do in London is get macaroons from Laduree and go and look at the puppies. A couple of years ago I had a job in Eaton Place and my friend Caren worked for Harvey Nicks nearby. A few times a week we would go to Laduree buy a couple of macs each and then go upstairs to look at the pups. It is my all time 2nd favourite date. The first would be a trip  to The Royal College Of Surgeons Museum on Lincolns Inn Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment