Wednesday 13 July 2011

Beauty without cruelty


I had an emergency Botox appointment yesterday. The Miami sunshine melted the last chemicals out of my head and before I knew it my face was totally mobile. Botox is Gods gift to women but actually having your face injected is not the most comfortable feeling in the world. My Dr has always used pain reducing gell and a spot freezing device but commited to the comfort of his patients he has now incorporated the use of a vibrator into the proceedings. He doesn't just hand it over and tell you 'this will take your mind of it'. His assistant presses it against your collar bone while he injects your face. The idea is that the vibrations send signals to your brain that over ride the pain signals. As mad as it sounds it actually works. The first time he used it he pressed it against my jaw and told me 'Now don't go opening your mouth!'

No comments:

Post a Comment